Neck Pain in Tulsa, OK: Diagnosing Your Symptoms
You may be enduring neck pain and wondering whether or not all neck pain is the same. It’s not.
Neck pain can be experienced with a variety of other ailments. The combination of symptoms gives us a clue as to why you may have neck pain. Here are some of the other symptoms that are commonly experienced with neck discomfort:
- Headache – This may occur because the meningeal lining of the brain has been irritated or due to trigger points within the muscles that refer pain in the head. Pinched nerves in the neck can also cause cervicogenic headache.
- Stiffness – Stiffness indicates that the muscles are preventing movement so that no further damage will take place to the underlying structures of the neck.
- Poor range of motion – Not being able to move your head to the left or right or to your shoulder is one of the causes of neck pain. This symptom indicates that there is scar tissue or misaligned vertebrae in your neck.
- Eye pain or vision problems – This symptom suggests that injury to your neck is more than just muscle strain or a sprain.
- Fatigue – Fatigue is another symptom that can indicate more serious health problems if it's combined with neck pain.
Your Tulsa, OK chiropractor, Dr. Bogan, can help get to the root of your neck pain. If you live in Tulsa, OK, call us for an visit today at (918) 832-7880!