Over the years, we've cared for many men and women with auto injury symptoms in our Tulsa, OK clinic. Chiropractic care is the optimal approach to these types of injuries, and some studies have shown that approximately 90% of patients show improvement after a whiplash injury when getting chiropractic adjustments.
A car accident subjects your entire body to high-speed, intense motion that it isn't intended to deal with. As a consequence of the dramatic forces you're subjected to, the ligaments, tendons, nerve fibers, and muscles of your body can be strained, sprained, or torn during a crash. This can trigger long-term pain and impairment if not dealt with promptly.
From our practical experience and success treating auto injury cases, we've seen these common signs and symptoms in our patients:
- Headache Pain - Practically every car accident patient in our office reports headache, and this can have a wide array of causes, based upon on the type of injury you had. Learn more about how we can help you with headache pain here.
- Back problems - Yet another common problem in men and women and especially after a car crash, but one that chiropractic is perfect for helping you recover.
- Neck problems - Your cervical spine is one of the most sensitive areas of your whole body during a car wreck, and it can easily be injured. In point of fact, most symptoms experienced after a collision can be specifically linked to injuries of the cervical spine.
- Shoulder problems - Your shoulder can be injured by the seat belt, the forces on your arm during a crash, or can be a secondary symptom caused by neck injury.
- TMJ pain - Jaw problems (or TMJ dysfunction) are still another frequent condition we see in our Tulsa, OK patients, and can be challenging to diagnose. In some cases TMJ pain doesn't manifest for weeks or months after your injury.
- Radiating pain - Radicular pain can be confirmed by pins and needles or tingling in your arms, hands, or legs, and many car accident patients report this problem.
- Vertigo or Dizziness - This is a complex symptom that can also have a variety of causes. In most instances, we find that neck injury is the primary source of this problem. Learn more about dizziness and chiropractic here.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome - This is still another problem triggered by trauma to your neck during a crash. Learn more about thoracic outlet syndrome here.
- Vascular Injury. Sometimes during a crash, the delicate blood vessels in your neck can be injured, causing pain or other serious complications.
If you're suffering from any of these signs and symptoms after an injury, give our office a call. It's important for you to know that you don't have to suffer! Chiropractic is a safe, successful, and non-invasive approach that works for these types of injuries.
If you've been injured just a short time ago, it's important that you seek care right away. Untreated injuries can result in reduced range of motion and the formation of scar tissue, and that can lead to prolonged pain and impairment. Scientific studies show that early, gentle mobilization of the injured tissues can boost healing and protect against chronic problems.
Our clinic is conveniently located in Tulsa, OK, and we would love to help you get back on the road to recovery. Give the doctor a call now at (918) 832-7880 for an appointment.